It is her birthday today. Here are some fun things about my mom. She loves coconut. She has 7 kids. She has a good eye for design. She is a good cook. She likes to shop. She used to do a Christmas boutique. She would buy stuff and make stuff all year long to sell at the boutique. She was really good at it. People would come for weeks ahead of time to buy things. Some even came from out of town. Sometimes she would sell out of things before the boutique started. She would fill up the library with things she made. My grandma would come help her sew and paint some years. Sometimes we even got to help with simple tasks. Her boutique was my favorite place to be this time of year. It usually fell on or around her birthday. She and her friends had the boutique in the same place every year. I remember setting up the night before. It was so exciting. During the boutique, there was always Christmas music playing and it smelled sooo good. Sometimes I got to help at the register. I loved it. My mom is a good helper. Whenever I had new babies she always pitched in to help. And by that I mean she did the dishes, tidied the house, folded clothes, cooked dinner, helped with kids, and you never had to ask her to do any of it. She would just come and get to work. It was wonderful. My mom loves to read and is always reading something. She walks with her friends every morning. My brothers would say she "gossips" with her friends every morning. They love to tease her about it. Either way, she gets out every morning. My mom loves to serve. I love my mom! Happy Birthday!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Happy Birthday to my Mom!
My mom is coming up tonight in order to catch a flight in the morning. I made her this.

It is her birthday today. Here are some fun things about my mom. She loves coconut. She has 7 kids. She has a good eye for design. She is a good cook. She likes to shop. She used to do a Christmas boutique. She would buy stuff and make stuff all year long to sell at the boutique. She was really good at it. People would come for weeks ahead of time to buy things. Some even came from out of town. Sometimes she would sell out of things before the boutique started. She would fill up the library with things she made. My grandma would come help her sew and paint some years. Sometimes we even got to help with simple tasks. Her boutique was my favorite place to be this time of year. It usually fell on or around her birthday. She and her friends had the boutique in the same place every year. I remember setting up the night before. It was so exciting. During the boutique, there was always Christmas music playing and it smelled sooo good. Sometimes I got to help at the register. I loved it. My mom is a good helper. Whenever I had new babies she always pitched in to help. And by that I mean she did the dishes, tidied the house, folded clothes, cooked dinner, helped with kids, and you never had to ask her to do any of it. She would just come and get to work. It was wonderful. My mom loves to read and is always reading something. She walks with her friends every morning. My brothers would say she "gossips" with her friends every morning. They love to tease her about it. Either way, she gets out every morning. My mom loves to serve. I love my mom! Happy Birthday!
It is her birthday today. Here are some fun things about my mom. She loves coconut. She has 7 kids. She has a good eye for design. She is a good cook. She likes to shop. She used to do a Christmas boutique. She would buy stuff and make stuff all year long to sell at the boutique. She was really good at it. People would come for weeks ahead of time to buy things. Some even came from out of town. Sometimes she would sell out of things before the boutique started. She would fill up the library with things she made. My grandma would come help her sew and paint some years. Sometimes we even got to help with simple tasks. Her boutique was my favorite place to be this time of year. It usually fell on or around her birthday. She and her friends had the boutique in the same place every year. I remember setting up the night before. It was so exciting. During the boutique, there was always Christmas music playing and it smelled sooo good. Sometimes I got to help at the register. I loved it. My mom is a good helper. Whenever I had new babies she always pitched in to help. And by that I mean she did the dishes, tidied the house, folded clothes, cooked dinner, helped with kids, and you never had to ask her to do any of it. She would just come and get to work. It was wonderful. My mom loves to read and is always reading something. She walks with her friends every morning. My brothers would say she "gossips" with her friends every morning. They love to tease her about it. Either way, she gets out every morning. My mom loves to serve. I love my mom! Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy betty crocker Lara! That cake looks so yummy..I want to take it out of the screen and eat it. You are awesome for doing that.. Please tell her Happy Birthday for me if you get a chance!
I love your Mom--I think I even remember the Boutiques. Please tell her I said Happy Birthday!
Lara, You have a Great Mom! I feel like she helped raise me! And I also, remember the boutique's. I recall making hair bows for it! Weren't we "Crafty." To bad we don't have any girls to make bows for! Hey nice cake, I wouldn't have the first clue how to make something like that! Love KIM
Happy Birthday to your mom. She sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment