This weekend, I saw 3 movies. That never happens in my life, but it did this weekend. One was for my husband, one was for my son, and one was for me! On Friday we saw the James Bond movie, Quantum Solace. My husband really enjoyed it. There was just too much blowing up, killing, and chasing for my taste. The plot gets so complicated some times (trying to figure out who is really good and who is really bad) I just loose interest. Daniel Craig is a great Bond. I loved Casino Royal, but I don't plan to see this one ever again. Oh well, it was a great date night with friends and we had yummy sushi before hand.
Saturday we saw Bolt. We went for Tyler's birthday and all the kids were excited and it was fun to take them to a movie. So I was excited as well. I had low expectations because I worried about having to listen to Miley Cyrus's voice the entire time. But I was pleasantly surprised. I thought is was great! It is a cute movie about a girl and her dog. There are also a cat and a hamster that make for some great laughs! We will definately own this one. I daresay I liked it better than Wall-e or any other disney movie I have seen in awhile.
The third movie I saw this weekend was Twilight. I have read the book and I really liked it. Yes, it is a cheesy, teenage love story. But it is entertaining. And it is a light read. Books are always better than the movies, but I did have high hopes for this one. All in all it was pretty good. I thought the casting was amazing! It definately followed the book. I thought the Cullens were awesome! It was just like the book, they really did stand out. They were so cool! I loved the baseball game, their house, and their cars. My biggest gripe was just that Bella and Edward's relationship seemed a little premature for the drama at the end. But if you read the book, then you already know how close they had become.
The movie I want to see next is Australia. Doesn't it look wonderful? And I loved the Harry Potter preview at Twilight. Can't wait for that one! My memory is so terrible that even though I have read the book, I am sure the movie will still be a surprise!
2 comments:
What a fun weekend! I can't believe that your baby is "4!"
I LOVE movies, but haven't been in a while. I have a lot to catch up on. Yes, I think that Australia looks really good.
I wish I was there too to run with you. I bet the weather is perfect. I hope you are having a great time. Hey, we still need to talk Twilight! See you soon.
Post a Comment