Friday, December 5, 2008

10 Years Later, Kind Of...




Kirk and I were married 10 years ago this month. A couple of weeks ago he informed me that we had an office party on our anniversary this year. We are usually too busy and too poor this time of year to really celebrate, but an office party? This year it will be our 10 year anniversary and I thought we could at least go out to dinner. In the same conversation he also told me he had to go to Vegas for a trade show. So I told him I was coming too. Lucky for us my mom agreed to watch the kids. She still hadn't really unpacked from her various trips, so it was quite the sacrifice on her part (Kirk still hasn't unpacked from Thanksgiving). We were very grateful. If only I could buy her a new bedroom set for her new bedroom...So I rearranged some things in my schedule, booked my airfare, and went on a little shopping spree. I don't love Vegas, it is dark, stinky, and gross. But really, you can't beat the shopping. I won't go into all the great deals I got because it might ruin Christmas for some of you, but it was a sweet time for me. And I got to go out to dinner with Kirk a couple of times! One night we ate at the Rain Forrest Cafe, only because the last time I ate there was 10 years ago on our honeymoon. The food was not that good, but it was a fun time. I love Kirk. We have been blessed with a good marriage. It has actually been 14 years since our first date. And it has been the best. I have so much fun with him, we are really lucky. I look forward to him coming home from work everyday and I look forward to many more happy times!

No comments: