Monday, January 26, 2009

7 Mile Saturday

Saturday was a 7 mile day. We had to run somewhere. It was too cold outside (and it was raining) and the gym? Well we just get so sick of those blasted tread mills. So my trusty running partner suggested we go to the Olympic Oval. I have actually never been there, but I thought it would be a good option. So we drove out there to try it. And you know what? It was great! Because of the ice, they keep it quite cool. It really was an enjoyable 7 miles. There were skaters to watch, a little karate thing going on, and even some athletes from the U of U. Very entertaining. And to top it all off, we saw Apolo. He was actually running the track.

When I got home, I told my family. Kirk didn't believe me, but I finally convinced him. I had to explain to my kids who he was. To which David replied, "He was on Dancing With the Stars?!?"

I told him he was and then he followed up with a tough question. "Mom," he said, "Which do you like better, Dancing With the Stars or American Idol?" Tough right? I think I like American Idol better. What about you? Or maybe you are not such a TV junkie as me...

By the way, you should see his legs! They are huge! All muscle!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I had no idea that Apollo was still here!

Dave and Kristin said...

Wow! It's always fun to see a celebrity! (not that it ever happens to me...but still.) I agree, American Idol is better. I especially love these first episodes with all the delusional people, it's so funny!

Amy B. said...

I love Apollo...I think he is so Dreamy! I always tell Chris that if Apollo calls...Sorry, I'm going! Hahaha

rachel said...

That is so cool! I still haven't been there and still want to go. I just can't do treadmills-there is just something about fresh (even if it's cold air blowing on my face!)

Lisa said...

AWESOME! How fun! And speaking of legs, I really want legs like Julianna Huff's... -sigh-

J.J. said...

That is so cool you saw Apolo!! I would love to meet him, I've heard he is a really nice guy.

Trisha said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that likes the TV. I have been spending WAY too much in front of it lately, especially with the Australian Open on. Last night (or should I say this morning) I finally turned it off at 2:30. It is good that it will be over on Sunday. It was pretty hard to wake up for work today.
As for legs....I wish I had legs that would run for 7 miles. You go girl! Ü