Monday, January 26, 2009

You Had Me at BB Gun


Yesterday was the baptism preview for my twins. Holy cow! They are going to be 8! I can't believe it. They are both so excited. We have talked about baptism this week, knowing we would be attending the preview on Sunday. David asked if he could be baptized in the "Jordan River." I thought that was pretty sweet, but reminded him how lucky we are to have a baptismal font. I remember on my mission we had to fill an above ground swimming pool for baptisms in one area. In another area we a a font, but no hot water. My companion and I spent some time boiling large pots of water to take the chill off. So we really are lucky to have a font, and warm water is certainly a bonus! David also asked who was going to baptize him. I told him his dad, of course. He said that was good, but his second choice was his grandpa. I thought that was pretty sweet.

So Sunday finally arrived and we went to the preview. It was a pretty typical meeting. A member of the bishopric let them wander down into the font, that was pretty fun. And then they had an activity day leader and a cub scout leader speak to the group. First up was the activity day leader. She talked about some of the projects and activities the girls had done and would be doing. She mentioned making crafts, flip flops, gratitude books, and cleaning the toys in the nursery. There was an audible groan from my boys. They were happy to find out that they would not be participating in activity days. Especially because Jacob said, "what are flip flops?"

Next up was the cub scout leader. She was very energetic and excited! She talked about getting their bobcat, uniforms, and saluting the flag. And then she said something like, "we learn to shoot bb guns and bows and arrows and..." At this point there was an audible "YES!" from my boys. They didn't hear anything else. They are so excited to be cub scouts. I am so excited for them as well. It is so much fun to see them grow up and to see how eager they are to do what is right. I love it!

3 comments:

rachel said...

It's great right? And crazy that they are getting older. Conner gets baptized this Saturday and started scouts and I am so happy for him, but he is growing up so fast!

Lisa said...

So dang cute! Oh my gosh, our kids are growing up way too fast! I so wish I could have twin boys next...

J.J. said...

Our kids are growing up so fast!!! Your boys are so lucky to have Heidi, and I loved it how they were so excited to hear that they would be shooting bb guns and bow and arrows. You have such great boys and will turn in to wonderful men.