Yesterday was a perfectly normal day. I returned to the gym after several days hiatus (Kirk had been out of town which forced me to sleep in since I couldn't leave my kids home alone in the morning). It felt good to go back after catching up on my sleep. My legs have been tired and sore and they actually feel better after running. So I came home, showered, got the kids ready, and we left to pick up the carpool early! That never happens. But it did yesterday. After the kids were dropped off to school, I got ready to take Tyler to preschool and help with his Valentine party. It was then that I realized I had left my cell phone in Kirk's car. I called Kirk and he confirmed it was there. How did we ever live without cell phones? Sometimes I just don't know.
So after 2 hours of preschoolers and sugar, I was a little TIRED! I sat on the couch for a few minutes, chatted with my mom and Kirk. Kirk just realized he had left his wallet at home, oops! And I then planned all the errands that I needed to run in the next few hours. Tyler and I had lunch and then the phone rang. It was David and he was crying. So we left to go pick him up from school. Good thing he called before we left because I didn't have a cell phone.
David fell off of the top of the slide and landed on his back. As soon as we got home I gave him some Tylenol and listened to a message from my angry husband. He had gone to pick up my desk and without his ID, they wouldn't let him take it. He had just talked to me and couldn't figure out why I wasn't picking up. So I got ahold of him and got that straightened out, and then I called David's pediatrician, and he recommended that we go to Primary Children's Emergency Room. I hate emergency rooms! I asked, "are you sure?" and "what about insta-care?" But I was told to head to primary's, so we did. But first I had to drive to Kirk's work and trade Tyler for my cell phone. Kirk came home and I left for the hospital.
And let me tell you about the mess I saw at the hospital! Poor little kids throwing up and no one even helping or noticing, a man bragging about his 17 year old daughter giving birth, a little girl crying in pain from a broken arm who had been there for hours, crowds of people who didn't speak English and needed interpreters, little boys with pierced ears, a rough looking mom (who forgot to put the jewelry in her cheeks so she was sporting holes instead) cuddling a sick infant. It was awful. And we waited amongst them for about 2 hours.
After x-rays and a CT scan, they determined nothing had been broken. Yipee! They gave us some instructions and sent us home, finally! We got home about 9:00 pm and had dinner. We were both starving. David got a blessing and is going to be just fine (although he can't play in his last basketball game and he is missing his Valentines party). We feel lucky and blessed! Also when I got home, I had this waiting for me.
8 comments:
What a long day! I'm glad he's OK!
Oh my goodness it's that desk you wanted!! aww kirk is the best! I am sorry about your crazy day man that really must have been rough. I seriously hate hospitals too and what a pain to have to wait through all of that.
The desk is perfect there. Aren't you glad you didn't buy that little table at TJMaxx that one time? I hope David is ok. I have worried about him all night. Poor little guy. I told him the story of when I was in first grade and fell out of the top of our cherry tree to the ground. They rushed me to the doctor because my head was bleeding. They shaved off the top of my head and gave me lots of stitches to close it up. I remember being so embarrassed to go back to school with a bald spot on the top of my head. Finally, my mom just cut all my long hair off and I had short hair for the rest of my life. So, I not only had a big scar on my head, but I lost my long hair.
I'm so glad he's OK. Kyle told us he'd broken his back and we've all been really worried about him. I hope today goes better.
Thank goodness he's okay! What a nightmare at Primary Children's. Anytime you have to go their you're so nervous anyway and to be in that kind of environment just adds to all that stress! I am so glad you came home to that beautiful desk :)
Awww poor Davie. I hope he's doing better. And your desk is SUPER CUTE!
I am so sorry to hear about your David, I'm so glad he is okay. Primary Childrens is a very interesting place, I experienced some of those same things when Andrew Had his surgery in July. It makes you so sad and Depressed for some of those kids and families. I love your new piece of furniture it looks awesome. I thought it was on back order and you were going to have to wait? Anyways I,m glad you got it. Take care and Happy Valentines Day.
Melanie
Oh, Lara, I'm so sorry about how stressed you've been! I've sooo been there! In fact, I recently nearly had a nervous breakdown about the same sort of thing - really wanting to say no but feeling like I'd get hit by lightning. They asked me to be a RS teacher on top of my 2 other callings - well, 3 if you count VT-ing. I was sick to my stomach and crying for a week until I decided to talk to the RS Pres. She beat me to it - asking if I'd be okay with someone else taking over the one calling that I was pretty burnt out on since it's a full-time one and most worried about. Whew. It's weird how it all works out, really. It's hard to deny that Heavenly Father knows everything going on with each of us. I swear there's a reason for the callings we get, even if it's impossible to see at the moment. You'll do great. And it'll be a fabulous thing to be able to look back and be proud of yourself for being able to do it! : ) I think the most nightmare calling for me would be the Primary chorister. It's a total solo singing act. Even mentioning it is making me worry I'm jinxing myself... [nervous chuckle]...
I'm so sorry about your little guy and his awful fall! And that miserable trip to Primary Children's! I'm so glad it turned out okay - it's a miracle, from that height!
Also... your desk is gorgeous!!! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Or did I already ask you this once?...
(This is a really long comment - probably counts as Diarrhea of the commenting mouth!)
Okay, so here's more - thanks for all the nice comments you make on my blog. You're a sweetheart and your comments always make my day brighter!
Post a Comment