Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Open House


We went to the Draper Temple Open House today. The temple is BEAUTIFUL! Just as every temple is. I remember going to the open house for the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. One of the rooms that stood out to me was the bride's room. It was amazing! I got married in the Manti Temple and don't really remember the bride's room. I am sure it was pretty and I was probably preoccupied. Well the bride's room in this temple is amazing. I loved the couch and the pillows. I think it is wonderful that they actually make a room in temples for the bride. And it isn't just any room, it is a beautiful room. It is quite possibly the second most pretty room in the temple, the celestial room being the prettiest.

Afterwards they shuttle you right out to a church building. You enter the cultural hall which is filled with beautiful art work, warm rugs, and amazing decorations. They even serve you cookies and little bottles of water. It was by far the prettiest cultural hall I have ever seen! Who knew a gym could look so good?

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We went on Saturday and it was very nice!

rachel said...

Lara, did you notice the nursery in that building (hopefully you didn't actually because you got right back on the shuttle when you left) We had to wait for a while and their nursery had the coolest toys including a rather large slide! Now to be honest, I'm glad our nursery doesn't have a slide, but wow! I LOVE that temple and yes, the bride's room made me so nostalgic! I got married in the Salt Lake and I remember how much I loved it and all the cute ladies helping me :)

Kaits said...

Nice. I want to go to that. My ward is going tomorrow but what do you know, I have class and it's my public speaking class so I can't miss. :( I'm glad you got to go though!