A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was having a bad day. Well it was because I got a new calling, sort of. I was called to be the ward chorister. I am not a music person and have NEVER led the music in Sacrament Meeting. Nor did I ever want to. So I hesitated to say yes. And then I was racked with guilt. I cried and cried. This is seriously the LAST calling that I would ever want. And I seriously did not want to do it. So I told the bishopric and they prayed about it some more. I am sure you are thinking that I am a big baby and obviously I over react, but this was a rough experience for me. I know better than to turn down callings, but I still didn't want to do this. I had to reflect on my testimony. Luckily I still have one:) Weeks later the bishopric came back and said they still wanted me to do this. They also were going to call someone else to help. That was nice of them since I still teach Sunday School. So this Sunday I will be leading the music. Unless I make myself sick. I trust this is the right thing for me and I hope I make it through.

In the midst of all this drama, I told my husband that if I was going to do this, then I was going to treat myself to some new church clothes. I have a few basics that I mix and match, but I need something new. New clothes brighten my mood and in turn will help me have a better attitude about this calling. So I went shopping and it was a success! That was quick, right? I found lots of cute stuff. So watch out Young Women, hopefully we won't be twiners. I found a couple of things. Among them, this skirt. I bought it in white and it is the best. It is something that I will probably wear everyday when spring is here. It is sooooooooo comfortable. Which is just my style. Could it get any better? Yes! It is also knit! No ironing. I wanted one in gray too, but they didn't have my size:(
4 comments:
Cute, cute skirt! Good luck with the calling!
Lara you will do so good at your new calling. I'll be checking out your new clothes, I need some new ideas of what to wear, and by the way I love the skirt you got, white will look so pretty next to your olive skin.
Teaching Sunday School is the one calling I totally dread, which means it'll be all mine someday. You'll get through this new calling, I'm sure, and you'll be great at it! And in the meantime, yeah for new clothes!
I love that skirt! Where did you find it? I really need some new clothes since having the baby...after I shed a few pounds. I'm sure you will do great at your calling.
Post a Comment