I made it to Paris. While I spent most of my day napping, I did take a train into the city to see Paris with my own eyes for the first time. Since I overslept, I woke up, showered, and rushed out the door before it got too late. I left without a game plan and hopped off at the first big station. So big, that I couldn't even find a way out for like 10 minutes. I am not stopping there again. Once I did make it out, it was amazing. I didn't even know where I was, but the buildings were beautiful, I saw what I thought was the Eiffel Tower in the background, the Seine River, and cafes full of people at every corner. I have heard the city is all about romance and I saw lots of evidence of that. The metro station was FULL of people. As I was trying to get out of that maze, I saw couples just stopped along the way sharing an intimate (and I mean very intimate) kiss near a performer. Very awkward, but I guess it is acceptable here. And I saw men buying and carrying bouquets of flowers. I know many consider flowers a waste of money, and they are, but I love them. I got a few great pictures, but despite all the cords laying around, I brought the wrong one and can't upload them. So I have no proof, but will have lots of pics later. I rushed back to the hotel and met my husband about 9:00 pm local time. He left for meetings this morning and I am going to head out on the town for some serious window shopping and meet him later.
Good news is, my phone actually works! This is my 3 trip out of the country recently and the first time it has worked. Now I will have a high phone bill to prove it, get ready Carson! (I share a family plan with some brothers). Last night I told Kirk that I must be crazy to pack up and join him across the world on my own. It is a little scary and sometimes I can't believe I do it. Even remembering Japan makes me realize I was crazy. But it is absolutely amazing as well. I love planning out my day and figuring out where I need to go and then actually doing it, by myself. Leaving my kids just about kills me. So to get over the pain, I started thinking about seeing my husband and where I was going and so far it has all been worth it.
3 comments:
I am so proud of you for being brave enough to adventure out on your own! So worth it! Keep us posted - I'm living my Paris adventure through you!
Gaaaah I can't wait to see pictures!
You are so brave! What an amazing adventure :) Have so much fun!!
Post a Comment