This is Reggie a couple of months ago, but that is pretty much all he has done lately. He hasn't eaten, barked, or chased a motorcycle since Christmas. I took him back to the vet today and didn't get to bring him home, he is in the hospital for the weekend. Turns out he has a little pneumonia and a terrible bacterial infection. I think it just started as what they call "kennel cough" (we kenneled him for the first time when we were in California) and then got progressively worse.
I think I'll go buy him a new bed and some toys while he is gone. We will go visit him tomorrow. I didn't know how sad we would all be seeing him so sick. Monday afternoon we were all outside for awhile. When we came back in, we couldn't find him anywhere. We called, we looked, we whistled, but nothing. Kirk eventually found him under our bed and he wouldn't come out. We both wondered if he had gone under there to die. Each day I kept thinking he would show signs of improvement, but he never did. There is something to be said for a good vet, today we got into our usual one, but before they were so busy, we were forced to try another, which turned out to be a waste of my time and money. We are looking forward to getting our Reggie back on Monday and hopefully he will be back to his normal self!
1 comment:
Oh sad! Next time you go out of town, bring him over to our house. We like having dogs for a week or two at a time!
Post a Comment