...having kids that is. I don't feel as if my body could do more and my husband says he can't handle more. This isn't a major announcement for those of you who know us well. We've been done for awhile now. But oh my little boys would love a little girl. I would too actually. We got a visit this weekend from our latest and newest niece (who will be loosing her title to another niece being born this weekend). Ethan and Tyler really loved holding her and Tyler loved feeding her. She is a good baby and let them man handle her. It was sweet to imagine how they might react to a new baby in the house.
The next day the twins were asking about how you get a baby. I told them you have to get pregnant. Just the kind of question you long for, right? We sort of went over some biology when the dog got "fixed" and we've had some basic birds and bees talks with them, but they loose interest faster than we can answer. So I reminded them that you have to have a mommy and daddy to make a baby. They responded with, "ya, but how do they get pregnant?" I asked them if they have ever heard the word sex (which we have talked about before) to which they replied, "no" and had already changed the subject. Phew! I am prepared to say whatever needs to be said, but they really are not that curious, just as well.
2 comments:
Is that Ashley's baby? and who is the new one being born? Mckell's? aww!!
I feel for you. A few days ago Karmen kept asking me how babies get OUT. After sitting there in panicked silence for a few minutes, frantically trying to think of how to explain this to a 5-year old without traumatizing her, I finally just chickened out and said, "I'll tell you when you're older." Ugh.
Post a Comment