Friday, January 9, 2009

Lunch Time


My boys come home from school real hungry, everyday. They are always raiding the kitchen for something to snack on. I used to ask, "Didn't you eat your lunch today?" Then I would have to get more specific like, "Did you eat ALL of your sandwich?" I would continue to ask about each thing. Upon realizing they weren't eating all of their lunches, I cut back. I made small and simple lunches so nothing would get wasted.

Earlier this week the twins informed me that they ate ALL of their lunches. I was pleased, even though they were still snacking. Then one of them said, "Ya mom, you need to start making us bigger lunches. They don't put the tether balls up in the winter."

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Excellent point he makes!!

rachel said...

So true- I need a tether ball in my kitchen...maybe then MY meals would be smaller :)

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Kids just say it the best. Also by the way on your previous post of the over weight thing, I think a lot of it is perspective too..we tend to be harder and see ourselves different then others..Lara YOU are not overweight..sure we all have a little extra warmth on us :-) but I think you look great..I hope that when I have children one day that I can still be running and do stuff like you.

Sam and Josh said...

Kids are so funny. FYI you look fabulous.