Yesterday I took my oldest boys skiing for the first time. I could tell they were a little nervous and David could just not figure out why their lesson would last so long. After gathering all their gear, getting their registration, and sending them on their way, I was tired. In the middle of all that I decided that I would not ski with them, but maybe the next time. So I sent them off to class and sat down. I don't think I was there for more than a minute and I thought, "Why not?" I really couldn't think of a reason why I shouldn't ski. The weather was beautiful and really what was I waiting for? So I rented some skis and hit the slopes. I had never skied this resort before and it had been just over 11 years since I went skiing last, so I was a little nervous as well, but it came back quickly and I forgot just how much I LOVE skiing. I couldn't stop smiling every time I saw my boys, it was fun for me to see them learning something so fun while at the same time remembering how much I love it myself.
I was dead tired at the end of the day, but I can't wait to do it again! In fact I got home and signed up my other boys so we can all go together.




1 comment:
Oh how fun! Good for you, I miss skiing a lot!
Post a Comment