It all started when David got a chess game for his DS. The boys became more interested in chess and Kirk has taught them all. Tyler can set up the board, but has his own rules. The rest of them are pretty good. I wouldn't know because I don't even know how to play.
A couple of weeks ago the boys brought home a paper from school advertising a chess tournament. They all wanted to do it, so we signed them up. We didn't know what we were getting into. I had no idea there were so many little kids who were so good at chess. Probably about half of the players in their group had ratings or scores. About 1/4 of them could speak another language besides English. And the parents, well some of them were just as intense.
Overall it was a great experience for the boys.

They played a total of 5 different times and they all won some and lost some. It was fun, they each got a medal. It took most of our day, but it was a fun time.

They played a total of 5 different times and they all won some and lost some. It was fun, they each got a medal. It took most of our day, but it was a fun time.
Later that night we did a little family work out. I wish I had pictures of that. It was pretty darn funny. My boys put on their basketball shorts sans shirts. It was a wild time in the basement complete with fun music and lots of movement. The boys can't wait to do it again. My brother recently reminded me that when we were little we had this record.

It was called "Mousercise" (my mom was really into jazzercise). Anyway, it was this record that came with a booklet and had little exercises to do. It was Mickey Mouse and other disney characters. We used to love that thing.

It was called "Mousercise" (my mom was really into jazzercise). Anyway, it was this record that came with a booklet and had little exercises to do. It was Mickey Mouse and other disney characters. We used to love that thing.
3 comments:
I learned how to play chess last year, by one of the kids I work with. I'm horrible at it! They look great!
So cool!!! I'm so impressed! My dad taught me when I was young, but I didn't retain it for long I guess, because I'm clueless about chess.
...We remembered to change our clocks, but are still struggling to adjust for some reason. Rick turned off the alarm this morning and when we woke up, we had 10 minutes to get Karmen awake, fed, ready and to school. Blast.
Wow! I can never remember how each piece can move. That is awesome.
Post a Comment