Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Hard to Believe...


It's hard to believe that I got a sunburn this weekend.  My lips are still chappy and my shoulders are red.  Now it is snowing.  A lot.  That is a Utah spring for you.  

It's hard to believe that I ran 13 miles again.  It is a long way.  And it is hard to believe I actually liked it the first time.  Now I am not so sure.  As I crossed the finish line, I asked my friend, "why do we do this?"  Because I am starting to wonder.  It was a hard race.  Although we wanted some warm weather, it was a little too warm for me.  Of course starting at 10:00am didn't help either.  

But it is not hard to believe that we had a great weekend.  Great scenery, great friends, great food, great times.  It was the best!

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You look great! And the snow makes me cry.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

HOORAY!! Lara you seriously are so awesome and congrats!! and good land woman I don't know why you are always saying or wanting to be skinnier, you look so hot in your little running get up! woo woo! :-) anyways seriously good job!

Ashley DeMille said...

Good Job Lara!!! I'll have to think long and hard about that run in August! I don't know though it looks like all the runners in the back ground are ready to pass out! I don't know if I can do that anymore! Way to GO!

rachel said...

Congrats Lara! I'm so happy for you :) I got sunburned too, but loved the weather. What is up with the snow?????

Lisa said...

I'm in total and complete awe of you!!! Seriously amazing to accomplish something like that! And you look fab, by the way! Cute picture of the whole family!

Trisha said...

Way to go Lara!! That is impressive. I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Kaits said...

And now you want me to run one with you in August?? Haha. I'm glad you were able to do it and not have any knee problems this time though. And I wish I was still sunburnt from the weekend. Mine's all gone and I feel like I'm going white again! Ah! I'm excited to see you guys on Saturday!

Survivor of Seven said...

Congratulations to you again. That is an accomplishment you can tell your kids about when you are too old to get yourself out of your chair!

Dave and Kristin said...

Good job Lara! That is a huge accomplishment! You look great too!

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is so exciting! You are so lucky you had fun friends to do that with! Are you going to keep at it? Are you addicted? So cute that your whole family came to support you!

Amy B. said...

You look hot! And I mean it...Way to go Kirk!!! I wake up in the morning...fumble for my bra in the dark...count up three fat rolls...and slap it on! HeHeHe

J.J. said...

Way to go Lara! What a cute picture, and you look awesome.