Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Started Running Because I Wanted to be Skinny...

Last year I had a wild and crazy idea to run a half marathon.  When I started training, I said to my friend, "Just think, by the time this is over, we are going to be so skinny!"  Because everyone I know that runs is skinny.  Well I have since learned that running does not make me skinny.  I wish it did.  That would be great and I would be so skinny.  If anything, running makes me put on weight.  So far I have learned that there really is no easy way to be skinny.  For me, I just have to quit eating so much.  And that apparently is harder than running a half marathon.  

My second half marathon is coming up.  I am excited and nervous.  It is exciting because I am not injured or suffering from a lot of pain.  I hope it stays that way.  I think training on a treadmill has actually been to my advantage.  I am nervous because it is just scary to think of what is ahead.  It should be a great time.  

So even though running is not making me skinny, it is still worth it.  There is nothing better than finishing a long distance.  You feel so powerful and accomplished.  It is the best.  I can't wait!

*I am not fishing for compliments.  I realize I may not qualify for "The Biggest Loser", but I would still like to weigh about 20 lbs less.

6 comments:

rachel said...

I think you look so great! I'm excited you get to run another one pain free! I'm proud of you for all you've accomplished. I'm winded running to the end of my circle. I want to start, but am going to have to start s.l.o.w. :)

J.J. said...

Lara you are to hard on yourself, I think you look so great, and you are skinny!!!! I think it is so cool that you run and run half marathon's, I'm sure it is such a neat feeling when you finish a race. Good Luck to you this weekend, I wish I could be there!

scraphappymama said...

good luck this weekend. i can't wait to hear how this race goes - but you are right, it's gotta be better just by being injury free.

i haven't been running as much lately, as I am training for a sprint triathlon and my body can tell. I miss the energy and "feel good" hormones running gives me.

Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Have fun this weekend. I started my training again. Maybe someday I'll be able to keep up with you. That's not one of my goals but I would like to be a little faster.
Remember to run your own race and not someone elses. You all will do great!
P.S. Don't worry about your dog, he is in good hands.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww man that is something I have been wanting to do for awhile and just now reading that last part about how you feel so powerful and accomplished at the end like re-inspired me! maybe I will have to buck it up and do it!

Ashley DeMille said...

Good luck with your race! I don't think I could do it, maybe someday!