So I took a couple days off from the gym. I have been only 3 times this week. On 2 of those days I did weight lifting classes. On the other, we just did bikes and walked. It has been nice. I have only run 1 mile. And tomorrow, no big run for me! I am going to take it easy (well, not really since I come from a big family and tomorrow is the baptism and we will have lots of people we love here). I don't have to put in any mileage, it will be nice!
And since the race, I have not listened to my ipod. I really don't want to hear those "running" songs again. It is to early. Or so I thought...
I am driving this week in our carpool. Every morning, I have driven the kids to school in the snow. It has been depressing. Except for today. Even though it is FREEZING out there, the sky is blue and the sun is shining! Hallelujah! So on the way home from school, one of my running songs came on the radio. I turned up the volume. I wanted to be outside running. It looked so pretty. I think I am addicted. I will probably run some more. And I am kind of excited about it.
Now for the funeral part. My gym buddy is going on a cruise. Isn't she lucky? I think so. In an effort for her to be ready for her bikini;) we joined weight watchers. When she picked me up, I told her it felt like we were going to a funeral (I was even wearing black). My love affair with food is going to have to die! I mourned this death by eating chocolate chip cookies when I got home. They were hot and they were good! Oh it is sad, but it will be good.
7 comments:
I told you no bikini...maybe lingerie but not a bikini. That would be a scary white body. I am excited to start running again, just not on the treadmills. We need a goal to work toward. Any ideas?
I know what you mean. I just started an intense diet and exercise program. No chocolate chip cookies for me either. Good luck and I will cry for the funeral. Have a great weekend.
I saw a thing on TV the other day (while I wasn't exercising) about workout music. They talked about how important the beats per minute are, blah blah blah. Then they recommended this site http://www.yesfitnessmusic.com/#/store/home where you can buy albums made with the right beats to keep you moving at the right pace. I thought it sounded pretty cool. Their recommended albums are Mashup Mania and Cutting Edge Dance. I plan on trying it when I manage to make time in my life for exercise someday.
hahahaha oh man you are so mucfh like me! I got back and forth..is it worth it to give up the goodness? Gaah I can't. Well good luck!
Good for you guys! I have been back on the WW wagon for a month or two now, but I need to be better. Maybe I need to have a funeral and let all my bad habits die.
You are so funny. I never thought about giving up food as being a funeral, but it is so true. I know what you mean about music. The right song can get even my lazy body exercising! :)
You make me laugh. I can't run for 3 months and it is killing me, since I had surgery for the third time on my knees. I really crave it. You are all such great runners and I am jealous I didn't do your last race. Hang in there, sometimes you just need a while and take a break and you are far from fat (any of you)! You all look fab and keep me informed of future races.
Post a Comment