Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baptism Prep 101


The first thought that went through my head this morning was, "What do I have to do today?  I hope I can get a nap in."  The fact that the snow is really coming down outside is not helping either.  I hope this day does not drag on! 

Yesterday a member of the primary presidency came by to go over some stuff for the twins' upcoming baptisms.  She shared with them a cute acronym, K.A.T.  It is to help them remember their baptismal covenant.  Keep the commandments, Always remember Him, and Take His name upon you.   Before she told them what each letter stood for, she asked what they thought it might be.  Jacob totally jumped in and said, "To stretch out like a cat and get your claws ready!"  He was totally serious, it was hilarious.  She explained what the K stood for and then asked what the A might stand for.  Jacob replied, "appetite?"  Again, I had to laugh.  She gave them their clothing and went over a few things to remember.  After she explained it all, Jacob added, "and don't come out naked!"  Those boys keep me laughing. 

Last week they attended their first pack meeting.  And they got to do flag ceremony.  It was a pretty big deal.  Later when grandma asked David about it he said, "It was so embarrassing!  We didn't even have our patches sewn on!"  

1 comment:

rachel said...

Too cute! You are going to cry when they are baptized. It is such an awesome day...