Lately one of our favorite dinners has been baked salmon and roasted potatoes. It is easy and the last time we had it, the kids gobbled it up. There weren't even any left overs. I remember hearing how you have to expose your kids to something new about 3 times before they will like it or acquire a taste for it. After our last salmon dinner I thought, "Wow! It's really true, now they all like salmon." Well, I was wrong. We had salmon, green beans, and roasted potatoes last night for dinner. David and Jacob were not happy about this. Ethan and Tyler gobbled theirs up and asked for seconds. David finished off his vegetables first and slowly got through the salmon. Jacob just quit. I told him to leave his plate out because I wanted him to finish his fish. He would leave for a few minutes and come back. However he was not making much progress. Until he picked up his plate and went to the bathroom. Then he reappeared all happy saying he was done. I knew better. I told him that if I went in there and found it in the garbage, he was going to be in big trouble. He insisted it was not in the garbage, but I could tell he knew he had been caught. So I asked if he flushed it down the toilet. Which he admitted to, with tears welling up in his eyes. Trying to keep a straight face, both Kirk and I got after him for lying. He was devastated. I had to try so hard not to laugh.
I told Jacob that parents have special powers to know when their kids lie. And I know he totally believed me. I love that about Jacob and David, they are so trusting and sweet. And they always feel sooo bad when they do something wrong. It is just they way they are. I feel so lucky to have such special spirits in my home. And I have really learned to appreciate these qualities because not all of my children are this way. Anyway, we laughed a lot last night as we thought about Jacob and his fish.
1 comment:
My sister told her kids she can tell if they're lying by looking at their tongue. They think something about it physically changes, so if they're lying and she asks them to stick out their tongue, they refuse to do it or just stick it out a little. If they're telling the truth, out it comes with no problem. So, I guess she really can tell if they're lying by looking at their tongues.
Post a Comment